Lesson 1. Live Discussion Questions
These questions are intended to be used to lead a live session at your organization. Clients should come having read the material prepared to answer the questions below. You may also want to use some of the online discussion questions as well as the assignment discussion questions in your live discussion.
Chapter 6. Dealing with Personal Fears
- The chapter lists 6 fears that staff have in the ministry. What other fear do you believe could belong in this list?
- The book gives several reasons why fear might be a useful reaction. Can you add any more?
- What is the difference between a concern and a fear?
- Please bring to class some piece of encouragement you got when you read Is. 43.
Chapter 8. Creating Margin and Boundaries, Reducing Self-Inflicted Stress
- How do you define “margin” as discussed in this chapter?
- How do you personally make margins in your life?
- What is Scriptural about establishing boundaries?
- What is my motivation for not establishing boundaries?
- What is the difference between busyness and productivity?
- What is self-inflicted stress?
Lesson 5. Online Discussions
If you are using this material to facilitate live group discussions, then these questions can be used as a guide.
If you would like to receive credit for this course, then submit a 400-word response for each discussion group of questions (i.e. Lesson 1. Discussion 1). You do not need to submit 400 words for each question, but for each group of questions. If responding to a live meeting discussion, then share written work as you would in a live meeting.
Lesson 5. Discussion 1. Impactful Verses and their Daily Benefit
After looking at the verses linked in this week’s lesson, share which verses specifically impact you and how you can benefit from those as you work to minister to others.
Lesson 5. Assignments
Lesson 5. Assignment 1: Boundaries Paper
From the YouTube presentations and reading materials, write a 2-3 page paper on how you can establish margin and boundaries in your current work assignment. Include in this paper at least three boundary issues you need to pay attention to.