Lesson 16. Live Discussion Questions
These questions are intended to be used to lead a live session at your organization. Clients should come having read the material prepared to answer the questions below. You may also want to use some of the online discussion questions as well as the assignment discussion questions in your live discussion.
Chapter 2. Servant Leadership Jesus Style and Chapter 39. Summing It Up
- How can one be a leader and a servant at the same time? Give examples of where you have seen this happen.
- Pick one of these habits and explain when and how and why a servant leader needs to be good at this;
- How is Jesus a servant leader in your life right now?
- No matter your assignment in the ministry, how is it you keep from being “bossy”?
- Share one thing that you are thankful for Jesus exhibiting servant leadership, how did He do it that challenges and blesses you?
Lesson 16. Online Discussions
If you are using this material to facilitate live group discussions, then these questions can be used as a guide.
If you would like to receive credit for this course, then submit a 400-word response for each discussion group of questions (i.e. Lesson 1. Discussion 1). You do not need to submit 400 words for each question, but for each group of questions. If responding to a live meeting discussion, then share written work as you would in a live meeting.
Lesson 16. Forum 1: Setting Goals
Share how you can use what you have learned in the last two months on the job or in the class to prepare you for the next leg of the journey. Use this time to encourage others who might be still working on how to improve in the ministry God has given them.
Lesson 16. Assignments
Lesson 16. Assignment 1. Servant Leadership
After reading the textbook assignment, write a two-page paper (minimum of 600 words) on how one prepares for and grows in servant leadership, what it means and how it can be accomplished.
Lesson 16. Assignment 2. Journal Entry
In this course you are required to keep a journal. In your journal, you should cover the following things:
- Reflect on how the concepts from this week and the rest of this course have applied in your personal and professional life.
- What are the primary areas where you believe God wants you to grow this next week, and what specific steps will you take toward that growth?
- Reflect on your past week in general. Variations of your entry may include describing how you have been blessed in the past week with either opportunities to see God’s grace, suggestions from a supervisor or fellow staff person, things that happened that you wish you could have a redo, or insights you gained for future work.
- You are required to have biweekly meetings with a mentor. For weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8 of this course write down the meeting date, and what you learned from your mentoring session.
Although there is no word count requirement for this assignment, a minimum of 250 words is encouraged (one double-spaced page).
Lesson 16. Assignment 3. Mentor/Supervisor Evaluation
Part 1. Mentor/Supervisor Evaluation
Please upload a copy of your mentor/supervisor evaluation. They should use this template:
You receive full credit for the first part of this assignment if you submit an evaluation, but the content in the evaluation will not affect your grade.
Part 2. Student Reflection on Mentor/Supervisor Evaluation
Write a 1-2 page paper reflecting on the evaluation. What did you learn? Are there specific suggestions from the evaluation that you want to work on? Are there other things you learned from this course that you want to work on?