This course provides a toolkit for those working in cross-cultural environments. Topics include: cultural intelligence, ethnic identity, social class, cultural dimensions, indigenous leadership development, organizational culture and organizational cross-cultural assessment and strategic planning. The course centers around a final project where you will develop: 1) a personal cross-cultural leadership growth plan, 2) a cross-cultural organizational assessment, and 3) a cross-cultural strategic plan for your organization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe culture, cultural intelligence and principles of cross-cultural ministry.
- Describe your own cultural journey in terms of ethnic identity development and social class.
- Assess the cultural dimensions of yourself, your organization and your clients to develop strategies to serve as a bridge-builder.
- Develop a personal cross-cultural assessment and leadership growth plan.
- Assess your organization’s culture and your cultural management profile using the Competing Values Framework.
- Conduct demographic analysis of your organization’s outcomes and stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive cross-cultural assessment and strategic plan for your organization.
Steps to Receive University Credit
Students who wish to take these course for free and later receive credit with City Vision University can take the following steps:
- Choose an option for credit:
a. 8-Week Course Online with Faculty & Student Cohort (one start date per year in schedule). You can use whatever progress you’ve made in the free course to help jump-start you in our regular online course. Advantage: students have a higher completion rate with the support of faculty and benefit from interaction with other students in discussions and this option can be used with federal aid for undergraduate courses.
b. Independent Study (start dates any time). You can submit your completed student assignment workbook to have your assignments graded for credit. This workbook is provided in the course. Advantage: can start at any time and work at your one pace. Pay $100 only for your first course through the Institute, and only if you have not already been admitted as a City Vision University student. This option cannot be used with federal aid.
- Apply for free to City Vision University (takes less than 5 minutes).
- Course PowerPoint Slides
- Course Video Playlist in YouTube (Core Presentations)
- Full Course Video Playlist in YouTube
- Student Assignment Workbook
- Final Project Template
Self-Paced or Group-Facilitated
This course is designed so that students can go through it individually on their own, or go through it as a group facilitated by any group leader. The Guide for Group Leaders & Live Discussions provides suggestions for discussion topics for those going through as a group. The group leader may also choose to assign some of the items in the Student Assignment Workbook as "homework" to do between meetings.
Students that wish to advance their learning may find it helpful to go through the assignments in the above workbook.